An orphaned brontosaurus named Littlefoot sets off in search of the legendary Great Valley. A land of lush vegetation where the dinosaurs can thrive and live in peace. Along the way he meets four other young dinosaurs, each one a different species, and they encounter several obstacles as they learn to work together in order to survive.
In search of some adventure in their safe and peaceful valley, the five dinosaur friends make a hideaway. From there, they spot two thieves in action, stealing an egg from one of their broods. They chase them down and manage to recover the egg without its parents noticing, but in the process, accidentally create an opening into the valley, allowing two dreaded Sharptooths in. Everyone must fight them off together to preserve their peaceful way of life. Written by Cynan Rees
This fourth sequel in the series finds "leaf gobblers" eating all the vegetation in Great Valley, driving Littlefoot, the young brontosaurus, and the other dinosaur inhabitants out. Arguments break out among the adults during migration, and Littlefoot and his friends decide to take matters in their own hands by crossing the "big water" to an unknown island. There they meet an old friend from The Land Before Time II--Chomper, the T-rex, who has to protect the gang from his own, carnivorous parents. Plenty of drama in this one, and as the series has been wont to do from the beginning, it shows adults as sometimes being less than perfect.
Legends claim that Saurus Rock keeps bad luck out of the Great Valley. Is it really true? Could the mysterious Longneck named Doe be the famous Lone Dinosaur, who can defeat a Sharptooth with his lasso-like tail? To find out, Littlefoot and company must cross theiGreat Valley and face a dangerous Sharptooth themselves!
When the dinosaur families get trapped in a valley by an ice storm, one family of "spike tail" dinosaurs volunteers to leave since they consume more food than the others. Meanwhile, the young dinos and a new adult dinosaur named Mr. Thicknose, head out to bring back their friend Spike, who has left his friends to be with members of his own species.
Littlefoot and the gang meet a shy newcomer, Ali, but the pleasantries stop there. There's a dire environmental theme to this third sequel in the series, in which the world's weather changes beyond the Great Valley, and what had been dry land is now a "land of mists." The shift brings new creatures who push out older inhabitants, and Littlefoot sees these radical changes for himself when he has to venture into the area to find a medicinal flower for his sick grandfather. While the animation is slow and contained the way direct-to-video cartoon releases often are, the story is sound and the now-familiar characters are memorable.
Littlefoot and his friends are constantly being bullied and browbeaten by three teenage dinosaurs: Hyp, a Hypsilophodon; Nod, a Nodosaurus; and Mutt, a Muttaburrasaurus. However, when a shower of meteorites (flying rocks) impacts near the Great Valley and causes a rock slide in the Mysterious Beyond, which blocks the water supply of the Great Valley, Hyp, Nod, and Mutt are no longer the biggest worry of Littlefoot and his friends. The increasing lack of water causes conflicts between the inhabitants of the Great Valley, who have lived in relative peace and harmony until this event.
A bedtime story leads Littlefoot and his grandparents on a journey to a new land, where Littlefoot discovers someone who vanished before he was born: his father! Now Littlefoot must decide between two worlds. Will he leave to be with his friends in the Great Valley, or stay behind and start a new life with his father?
On a day known to the dinosaurs as "Treasure Day", Bron becomes stuck in the Mysterious Beyond. This event urges the young Longneck to take his friends on a quest to the Fire Mountain to save his father. Along the way, they befriend a Flyer.
Beloved dinosaurs Littlefoot, Cera, Spike, Petrie and Ducky return in this story about the wonders of discovery that features new songs, including Donny Osmond's "No One Has to Be Alone."
Littlefoot and his pals set off in search of a "stone of cold fire" that fell from the night sky. Since he's the only one who has seen it though, nobody really believes him. Littlefoot's uncle Pterano offers support only because he thinks the stone has secret powers and wants it for himself but conceals this from the rest. The young dinos must figure out the truth, before Pterano gets the power.
While trying to obtain "Tree Sweets", Littlefoot into the tree and knocks down all the blossoms, attracting the Tinysauruses. They devour the plants and disappear. But Littlefoot isn't blamed for the disappearance, instead he accidentally makes the adults believe the tiny dinosaurs were the main cause. Now Littlefoot and his friends must protect the tiny herd and learn the value of honesty.
After an incident which nearly cost Littlefoot's grandmother her life, Littlefoot learns a series of lessons which his species call "Wisdoms". Meanwhile, a trio of dim-witted Beipiaosauruses named Loofah, Doofah and Foobie arrive in the Great Valley and behave in a strange manner towards Littlefoot and the gang. Littlefoot is determined that they learn the "Wisdoms" and the journey to the one place the trio have dreamed of, Berry Valley, begins.
As the Great Day of the Flyers nears, the Great Valley's flying youngsters are eager to participate in the annual exhibition to show off their skills. Everyone, that is, except free-spirited pterodactyl Petrie, whose individualism causes problems when it comes to staying in formation. Enter his dinosaur pals Littlefoot, Cera, Spike and Ducky, who encourage Petrie to embrace his uniqueness.
1) The Mysterious Tooth Crisis: When Chomper loses his tooth, he, Littlefoot, Petrie and Ducky travel around the Great Valley to figure out what is wrong. Meanwhile, Cera, Spike and Ruby relax in Tria's secret mud spa. 2) The Missing Fast-Water Adventure: When an earthshake causes the fast-water to dry up, the dinosaurs decide to try and fix the problem by removing the rocks. On the way, they meet an old friend, Mo. 3) The Lone Dinosaur Returns: One day, Doc, The Lone Dinosaur, comes back to the Great Valley in search of his lady friend, Dara. After Chomper hears the stories of him and how he despises Sharpteeth, the dinosaurs try to hide him. 4) The Legend of the Story Speaker: Grandpa Longneck tells Littlefoot and his friends stories about why Longnecks have long necks and about Starwatcher.
1) The Great Egg Adventure - Adventure comes to the Great Valley once more when Littlefoot, Ducky, Petrie and Chomper find a nest, and upon further inspection, they realize it's the home of some Fast Biters! 2) Escape From the Mysterious Beyond - An earthshake traps Ducky and Chomper in close quarters with a sharp tooth named Thud, who gets stuck under some heavy rocks. 3) The Lonely Journey - Chomper is pretty lonely and sad, because he's the only Sharptooth in the Great Valley, so he decides to gather up the courage to set out into the Mysterious Beyond to search for other Sharpteeth and teach them how to be friends. 4) The Hermit of Black Rock - In yet another animated adventure that takes place in the dinosaur haven of the Great Valley, Guido and Petrie are learning how to fly, but a strong wind blows him into a cave.
1) Search For The Sky Color Stones: Everyone wants to be the first to find the beautiful and sparkly "sky color stones", but will Cera and Ruby take the game too far? 2) The Amazing Threehorn Girl: When Cera accidentally scares off some bellydraggers, everyone in the Great Valley thinks she's a heroine. But what will she do when the bellydraggers reappear? 3) Days Of Rising Waters: It's time to make some big changes when a rainstorm destroys Petrie's nest and Cera insists that Ducky teach her baby sister how to swim. 4) Return To Hanging Rock: Ruby's worried about her family, so she journeys to the Mysterious Beyond to make sure they're OK. But she's not alone for long when Ducky, Chomper and Spike decide to join her adventure!
1) Through the Eyes of a Spiketail: On the first day of the cold time, Mr. Thicknose tells the gang about Hard Water Sweets (frozen grapes), and the gang set off on an adventure to find them. 2) Stranger from the Mysterious Above: When Spike falls down a hole, he encounters a colony of mammals (Ceratogaulus) who think of him as the "Big Wise One" from the Mysterious Above. Meanwhile, his friends try to save him but only find trouble when Mr. Thicknose and Topsy can't agree on what to do. 3) March of the Sand Creepers: One morning, a herd of "Sand Creepers" (crabs) mysteriously come to the Great Valley. Curious, Littlefoot, Cera, Petrie, Chomper, and Ruby set off to an adventure to find out why the Sand Creepers have come to the Great Valley. 4) The Forbidden Friendship: When Tippy's herd comes back, the adults get into a fight and the kids can't play with each other, but they sneak out and find green food.
1) The Cave Of Many Voices: While exploring the Secret Caverns, the kids accidentally create an opening into the mysterious beyond. 2) Canyon Of The Shiny Stones: When Cera accidentally loses Tria's favorite shiny stone, she is determined to go to the Canyon of Shiny Stones to find a replacement. 3) The Meadow Of Jumping Water: Ruby and Chomper excite the other kids with their tale about a place where water jumps out of the ground, and they all set out to see it. 4) The Spooky Nighttime Adventure: Even though Ruby is convinced her story of the invisible Hidden Runner is made up, that doesn't stop the other kids from having scary sleep stories.
A collection of songs from the first four Land Before Time movies
The Land Before Time is an animated television series, based on the Land Before Time film series created by Judy Freudberg and Tony Geiss. It was developed for television by Ford Riley for Universal Animation Studios and Amblin Entertainment, and first premiered on YTV in Canada for a test on January 5, 2007. The show officially premiered on Cartoon Network in the United States on March 5, 2007 after the DVD release of The Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of the Flyers. It aired on Boomerang in the United Kingdom on April 16, 2007. It first premiered in Japan on Kids Station in May 2007. The first season has begun airing on Cartoon Network India, with its premiere on April 7, 2008. The show has neither aired on Cartoon Network in the United States nor on YTV in Canada since March 2008. It aired on Spacetoon in January 1, 2011 after Spacetoon English closed and the Spacetoon Group was rebranded. It aired on Tv Russia in May 2, 2009 after TV Russia Service Television closed. It was made as traditionally-animated with computer-animated backgrounds, which the past sequels from The Land Before Time X: The Great Longneck Migration onwards have used, with occasional cel-shaded computer animated characters in wide shots. The main antagonists in the series are Red Claw, an evil villainous Tyrannosaurus, and Screech and Thud, two henchmen Velociraptors. The TV series takes place after the events of The Land Before Time XIII: The Wisdom of Friends.